Northeast Regional Folk Alliance

- Affiliated with Folk Alliance International -

The NERFA Forum is now available for the 2017 Annual Conference. You can view any category or user post. If you want to add a new post as a new topic, you need to login to the NERFA website before you can write to the forum. Don't have a NERFA username, click on the My Account --> Website User Registration link above.
Read More...
Welcome to the NERFA forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fingerstyle guitarist from Pittsburgh PA, new here

Fingerstyle guitarist from Pittsburgh PA, new here 1 year 2 months ago #3

• darylshawn
  • darylshawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Globe-trotting guitar from Pittsburgh PA
  • Thank you received: 0
Howdy! I've just joined the FAI, and this will be my first NERFA. Have heard about it for years, and decided to finally pull the trigger ;).

I play original music on nylon-string guitar, with a lot of world music influence. I know that there are a lot of singer-songwriters at NERFA, and I'm looking forward to hearing some great lyrics and good singing, though I won't be opening my mouth!

I very much enjoy accompanying other people in addition to playing my own music, and hope that there are opportunities to collaborate.

I'm adding a video of a tune that was inspired by hammer dulcimer. I'm using some special wooden bridges my father made, which fit under the strings and allow me to get more than one note from the same string.

Can't wait to meet folks and hear some great music!

cheers,

Daryl Shawn
www.darylshawn.com

Fingerstyle guitarist from Pittsburgh PA, new here 1 year 2 months ago #19

• Birdarise
Nice video Daryl!
I'm a songwriter from Long Island, but I also do a series of instrumentals using partial and multiple capos. So your little wooden wedges caught my eye!
Here's one of mine:

Catch you at NERFA!
Hank Stone

Fingerstyle guitarist from Pittsburgh PA, new here 1 year 2 months ago #22

• darylshawn
  • darylshawn's Avatar Topic Author
  • Globe-trotting guitar from Pittsburgh PA
hey Hank! love your video - I haven't done very much with partial or multiple capos, myself, and your tune is great. cool B & W effect, too!

I'll look out for your showcases at NERFA, would love to meet up there ;).

cheers!

Daryl Shawn
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Louis J. Meyers Memorial
Scholarship Fund

Donate to the Louis J. Meyers Memorial Scholarship Fund.

NERFA Donations

NERFA is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization.  Your donation will be greatly appreciated.

FAI Membership

Become a member of Folk Alliance International

Click Here.

Contact Info

NERFA
2401 Pennsylvania Ave #2A5
Phila, PA 19130

Phone: 215-546-7766

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Copyright © 1994 - 2017 Northeast Regional Folk Alliance - All Rights Reserved, 2401 Pennsylvania Ave #2A5, Philadelphia PA, 19130  (215) 546-7766