Northeast Regional Folk Alliance

- Affiliated with Folk Alliance International -

The NERFA Forum is now available for the 2017 Annual Conference. You can view any category or user post. If you want to add a new post as a new topic, you need to login to the NERFA website before you can write to the forum. Don't have a NERFA username, click on the My Account --> Website User Registration link above.
Read More...
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cosy Sheridan looking for Guerrilla showcases

Cosy Sheridan looking for Guerrilla showcases 4 months 1 day ago #43

• Cosysheridan
  • Cosysheridan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello NERFA Folks,
I am coming to NERFA this year, and I'd love to find a couple of guerrilla showcases. I am a singer/songwriter. I will have my bass player Charlie Koch with me. We are well-mannered and timely.

If you would like to hear my music, please go to www.cosysheridan.com .

Thank you
Cosy Sheridan
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Songwriter and guitarist Cosy Sheridan has been called one of the era’s finest and most thoughtful songwriters. Her CD, Pretty Bird, was listed in Sing Out Magazine’s Great CDs of 2014. Her concerts are full of energy and emotionality - and her songs are carefully crafted.
“Cosy writes intelligent and clever lyrics with stickable melodies,” wrote Sing Out. 

She first caught the attention of national folk audiences in 1992 when she won the Kerrville Folk Festival and the Telluride Bluegrass Festival songwriting contests. The Boston Globe wrote “She is now being called one of the best new singer/songwriters.”

She has been on the road ever since, playing clubs, concert halls and coffeehouses across the country. “You can't make it into double digits, and continue touring for twenty or so years, unless you know what you're doing, and do it well,” wrote The Chicago Examiner.

Backed by the strong rhythms and harmonies of her bass player Charlie Koch, she plays a percussive bluesy guitar style  - often in open tunings and occasionally with 2 or more capos on the guitar neck . Her concerts are a wide-ranging exploration of love songs for adults, practical philosophy and break-out moments such as her song Multiply Pierced. She has written about the stock market crash of 2008, the history of Hannibal, and fall-out from uranium mining in the  American southwest.  She has re-written greek myths: Persephone runs away with Hades the biker.  And then there are her signature parodies on aging and women.

For the past 20 years she has taught classes in songwriting, performance and guitar at workshops and adult music camps across the country. She is the director of Moab Folk Camp in Moab, Utah.

“Rarely do you find a cd where every song is memorable. It happens, just not often. It happens here.” - Chicago Examiner reviewing The Horse King.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Louis J. Meyers Memorial
Scholarship Fund

Donate to the Louis J. Meyers Memorial Scholarship Fund.

NERFA Donations

NERFA is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit educational organization.  Your donation will be greatly appreciated.

FAI Membership

Become a member of Folk Alliance International

Click Here.

Contact Info

NERFA
2401 Pennsylvania Ave #2A5
Phila, PA 19130

Phone: 215-546-7766

email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Copyright © 1994 - 2017 Northeast Regional Folk Alliance - All Rights Reserved, 2401 Pennsylvania Ave #2A5, Philadelphia PA, 19130  (215) 546-7766