NERFA Conference Updates:
- -> 2017 Formal Showcase Artists Named (See Article Below.)
- -> Conference Forum Available Find roommates, Guerrilla Showcase Opportunities, Ride Sharing and more.
- -> Suzi Wollenberg Folk DJ Showcase Artist Consideration Application Form is now available in the Showcases drop-down menu under the Fall Conference tab above. Applications close August 14.
- -> Guerilla Showcase Host Registration Forms are now posted in the Showcases drop-down menu under the Fall Conference tab above.
- -> Reservations for additional community meals will be available shortly. Final arrangements with the hotel are being made.
NERFA is pleased to officially announce the artists/acts who will perform Formal Showcases during this year's annual Conference, slated for Nov. 9-12 at the Crowne Plaza Stamford Hotel in Stamford, CT.
A large number of talented artists submitted applications, and the judges had a very difficult time choosing 14 showcase artists and 3 alternates.
NERFA’s Formal Showcase artists (listed in alphabetical order by last name or group name) are:
|Bettman & Halpin||Martin Kerr|
|Mari Black and The World Fiddle Ensemble||Kirsten Maxwell|
|The Andrew Collins Trio||David Roth|
|The Early Mays||Sloan Wainwright|
|Emma’s Revolution||Dan Weber|
|The End of America||Beth Wood|
|Rod MacDonald & Mark Dann|
Note: Alternates are automatically given a Semi-Formal Showcase performance slot unless selected to take the place of any Formal Showcase artists who is unable to perform.
Immediately following the Formal Showcases on Friday and Saturday nights, conference attendees will shuffle between several rooms to enjoy juried 15-minute Semi-Formal Showcases. Artists selected by a separate jury for these newly renamed showcases (formerly known as tricentrics and quadcentrics) will be announced in late August.